Working in Canada

In order to work in Canada a foreign national has to obtain a special permission called Work Permit which allows an individual to receive remuneration in exchange for services provided to an employer in Canada. There are two types of Work Permits in Canada: closed and open.

Closed Work Permit is issued for a particular position with certain employer. Such work permits are granted to individuals who were invited by employers in Canada. An employer must receive a government authorization to hire a foreign worker (LMIA) in advance.

LMIA is a special permit issued to Canadian employers to allow them to hire foreign nationals. This permit is issued by the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) after conducting complex review of the job position being offered and potential impact on Canadian labor market.

Open Work Permit implies that a person is authorized  to work for any employer in Canada and there is no need to apply for a new Work Permit every time you change jobs. Such permits are given to students who have graduated from an academic program of minimum 1 year duration from a designated learning institution (college or university). In fact, students who come to Canada for studies are allowed to work part-time during their studies and could obtain an open work permit after graduation from an academic institution.

Spouses of applicants who study in Canada are eligible to receive open Work Permitsor Study Permits in Canada.

If you need assistance in applying for a Work Permit, your employer will likely require assistance with LMIA procedure, and we are here to help. Licensed and certified immigration practitioners of LP Group will help you and ensure that documents are processed hassle-free and smoothly.

Please feel free contacting us today for your consultation and assistance. We work to help you.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment

You must be Logged in to post a comment.